- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Lillie’s Q-Rub
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock (no sodium if possible)
- 1/2 cup Lillie’s Q Gold
1. Trim excess skin around each chicken thigh. Season both sides generously with Lillie’s Q-Rub.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil or clarified butter on medium-high. Place chicken thighs skin side down to sear. When skin is golden brown, flip thighs and sear the flesh side (if you’re using a cast iron slow cooker, skip the skillet and sear the chicken directly in your slow cooker).
3. Mix chicken stock and Lillie’s Q Gold sauce and add to skillet (or cast iron slow cooker) with the chicken thighs. Bring to a boil.
4. Move chicken thighs and sauce to slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour. Continue to baste chicken thighs with liquid every 20 minutes.
5. During the final 20 minutes, show those thighs some #MOPYOURMEAT, brushing the chicken with Lillie’s Q Gold sauce.
6. Remove and serve immediately. Additional broth can be drizzled on rice or grits as desired.